Protected terroir for futures generations
Winegrower ine the Loire Valley, the Domaine de Terrebrune applies its experience for making wines of exception. On our vineyard, many grape varieties flourish thanks to a mild climate and a soil adapted to their growth. As eco-friendly winemakers, we respected our vines to produce our AOC wines (appellation d'origine contrôlée).
With the aim to propose quality wine to our consumer, we are involved for many years in working our wine with the best condition and in respect with the biodiversity. Our Domaine is certified HVE (High Environmental Value), this certification emphasizes our involvement for the nature. It is based on 4 criteria regarding biodiversity; it considers phytosanitary strategy as well as land fertilisation management and soil irrigation management. This certification enhances our agricultural practices.
The grape varieties of the Domaine de Terrebrune in Anjou take root in a clay-gravel and clay-shale soil that we protect and preserve. In order not to damage it, our use of herbicides is minimized. We are committed every day to respecting the natural balance of our vineyard.
The vineyard is expending on 55 ha and it is composed of :
- 29 ha of Cabernet Franc & Cabernet Sauvignon (red and rosé wines)
- 10 ha of Chenin ( sweet white wine)
- 11 ha of Grolleau (rosé wine)
- 1 ha of Chardonnay (sparkling wine)
Various technical are used for the cultivation of the vine:
- The reasoned fight which is a work in controlling interventions according to several criteria: weather, soils in an ecological purposes.
- The grass cover is carried all over the vineyard : between each row of vines, we have sown grass to compete with the vine, resulting in many beneficial effects for nature and the vineyard.
The reasoned fight is a philosophy and less extremist in connection with our environment. We adapt ourselves to the climate and the vineyard, and therefore we are more and more careful to our environment. Feel free to read about this method of cultivation, one of the most diffused in France.
Tracing: Using computer software we record daily work in the vineyard, the customer can trace the history of the bottle. Of course by starting with the grapes, the crop until harvest, the winemaking and bottling. Tracing, you guarantee the authenticity of wine and all the careful that we carry it.